Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sadie

After a very long pregnancy, Sadie was born Wednesday, October 7th at 10:49 am. I had really wanted to go into labor by myself but at my appointment on October 1st I just looked at the Dr. and said I'm done. I was physically, mentally and emotionally done! We scheduled the induction for the 7th. I went in for one more appointment on the 6th which verified the need to take her - she still hadn't gained any weight.
They started the Pitocin Wednesday morning around 8 and off we went - doesn't take much to get me going. It didn't take long until I wanted the blessed epidural. Of course it didn't work on the left side. I got to a 6 and was in pain on that left side - it was 10:15 they got the anesthesiologist up to my room and they checked me again and I was an 8 it was 10:30. As he was trying to get me numb on the left I looked at David and said I need to push. David just looked at me and again I said I need to push. David still just stood there. I said you need to get someone I need to push. The anesthesiologist ran opened to door and yelled for the nurses as David called for them. They all came running in - telling me not to push. They said Dr. Jacobs is coming. Dr. Jacobs came in out a breathe as she was sprinting. They got her gown and gloves on right as I had the next contraction - finally I got to push. One push and she was here. Not hard to birth a 6lb - 19.5 inch baby!
We found out why she hadn't been growing - the cord was double knotted - something they had never seen and it was very thin in a section. The Dr. Jacobs just looked at me and said this cord is really bad - good thing we got her out! We are very grateful that she was born healthy!
I got an upper respiratory infection while in the hospital so I didn't get to spend much time with Sadie but we have been home for 24 hours now and she is a very sweet, beautiful baby.

6 comments:

Raechal said...

We are so glad everything is okay! She is just beautiful! Congratulations Hinckley Family!

Katie said...

Congratulations!!! We are very happy for you!

Elicia said...

Congratulations, Jackie! You beat me by 22 hours. She is adorable, and of course, we really like the name! :) Your Sadie and our Sofie should have fun together in primary....they just might be surrounded by all boys!

The Shumards said...

Yeah! I am so exctied Sadie is here. I have to admit I am a little jealous. I am so relieved that everything went well and that you are both home.

natdawn25 said...

She's gorgeous! Congrats you two! We love you and wish you all best...so glad she's here safe and healthy!!! Love ya, Natalie

Lindsey Simon said...

Congrats on your new little girl! How sweet!