Saturday, March 7, 2009

Only 80% effective!!

According to my doctor condoms are only 80% effective - don't be deceived by that 98%effective written on the box! We recently became part of that 20% that got a surprise. Yes we are having a BABY!
We were going to start trying in February but as I sat waiting and waiting for the time we could try - nothing came. I finally bought a pregnancy test - and yes there was a line - very light but a line - I was shocked! We are very excited! I have learned these past few months that I am not in charge and Heavenly Father does things in his time - I am grateful for the surprise!!
It is going to be a roller coaster ride - I am already a mess. The first week I took 5 pregnancy tests - couldn't wrap my head around it and was so scared. A week later I called my doctor in tears - I had so much anxiety. She had me come in and do blood work. All my numbers were multiplying so things looked good. A week and a half ago we went for our first appointment - We had a sono and saw our tiny baby and a heart beat which has calmed me some. She said everything looks perfect. I have alot of anxiety but my doctor is having me come every two weeks so I go again this Wednesday and will get another sono and a better due date - she had a hard time measuring last time!
Something I hate but am grateful for is morning sickness!! This last week it really set in - I am trying really hard not to complain because I know it is a good thing! David even came in the bathroom this morning and rubbed my back as a lay over the toilet and said I know you hate it but I am glad - means good things!
It is going to be a long 40 weeks! All we can do is pray for the best!

11 comments:

Cindy and Ben said...

Congratulations! Very exciting news!!! Sorry you're experiencing morning sickness! Interesting statistics from your doctor...

Elicia said...

Congratulations, Jackie!! We too had one of those "surprise" babies 5 1/2 years ago! We are grateful for the miracles of children...despite the awful things we mothers have to endure. Hang in there!!

Camille said...

Jeff got excited when you told him and called me saying "we should get pregnant too" um....no thanks. I'm so excited for you! We'll try to produce a cousin sometime within the same school year, just not within 2009. Congratulations!!

Miles Family said...

Yay! We are so happy for you! I wish that we lived closer. We look forward to your visit to Idaho. Congrats!

Marissa said...

Congratulations! We will totally be praying that everything runs smoothly and as uneventfully as possible!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I had no idea til I read your blog. I didn't know about that 80% thing. Good to know. We will be praying for you guys!!

Thatcher Family said...

I know we don't talk a whole lot...different wards and all. But I sure am happy for you both!!! Congratulations! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers too. (((Hugs)))

Julia257 said...

Congratulations!!!! We are so exited for you!!!You are in our prayers!

The Shumards said...

Okay so you already know that we are so excited for you but I just had to tell you again. We are so excited for you guys! We love you guys, keep us updated. You know you can always call me if you start freaking out.

Lindsey Simon said...

That is so exciting. We are still trying after our loss. Maybe we should start using condoms :)j/k Congrats!

We are a little family of four. said...

We are so happy for you!!!