Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Weather

It was a week ago but since the kids keep talking about it I thought I would share our experience last Thursday morning. I awoke at a little after 4am to the sounds of tornado alarms. I quickly ran upstairs and woke up the kids and brought them downstairs. I went in and woke up David (he sleeps through everything know that he wears his oxygen mask!) We put the kids in the hall closet and turned on the TV - we waited about 30 minutes until the storm past by. We did get lots of wind and rain but luckily no tornado here. Although the next day they did confirm 5 tornado's around the metroplex even one in Allen which is only 5 miles or so actually not for from Mom and Dad's condo! The kids were calm but pretty funny as they sat in the closet. Miles talked about how he was going to write a story about it, Jackson was the most concerned just sat there, and Addison ate Cheetos! The next day Jackson's teacher said they heard all about it and he swapped stories with another kid who was hanging out in the bathtub. Jackson also only want me to draw tornado's for him! Hopefully we really never have to experience one!

0 comments: